Free Kuta Walking Tour is a FREE tour that is held by Indonesia TIC (Tourist Information Center), and it’s really recommended for those who want to stroll around Kuta and discover the untold story of Kuta. This Free Kuta Walking Tour has just started this 19 March 2016, and here’s our review about this amazing walking tour.
Schedule and Duration
You can join Free Kuta Walking Tour every Saturday at Indonesia TIC Building at 10 am, this tour will take around 1,5 hours walking around Kuta.
Route Free Kuta Walking Tour
- Banjar Buni Sari. This is our first stop, here we learn about Balinese “Banjar” system as a village activity center.
- Kuta Theater. This is a small alley in the middle of crowded Kuta now. But along time ago, this alley was a center of Bali Tourism as there was theater that perform a Balinese dancer for all tourist who came to bali especially Kuta.
- Temple. We visit all the traditional Balinese temple in Kuta village that separate into 3 different temple based on their function, we also learn about “canang” (Balinese offering that we usually see at every Balinese shop or home).
- Vihara Dharmayana Kuta. This Chinese temple has very interesting story about a Prince who run away from China, steal the most precious thing from his father, work as an ‘architect’ in Bali. We learn how Balinese culture get many influence from China here.
- Banyan Tree and Traditional Holy Well. This is our last stop before we came back to Indonesia TIC building. We stop under the big banyan tree near the traditional holy well, we learn how important is this well for the whole village and how Balinese treat a Banyan Tree with the detail of the fabric which cover the tree.
Since the tour is start at 10 am, you need to bring some water and hat during the tour. We also suggest you to use a comfortable shoes or sandal for walking. If you bring kids like us, bring some snack and drink for them also and prepare to carry them because we do not recommend you to use a stroller since the road is not really stroller friendly : )
If you enjoy this post, share it! So more people will get to enjoy it, too!