Germany Itinerary in 2 Weeks from North to South – Print This Before You Travel!
Before we jump into Germany Itinerary in 2 weeks from North to South, here are some basic info about Germany you might need in your hands, I get it from various resources:
- Temperature 10-20 C
- GMT (+02:00)
- Voltage: 230 V
- Sim Card in the discount supermarkets such as Lidl or Aldi and top up your phone as needed. You can get a sim card for I think 10 or 15 euro in every supermarket and then you have these 10 or 15 euro as start-capital on the card. for example “blau.de” is one that is quite good.
Germany Itinerary in 2 Weeks from North to South
|Day 1||12-Sep||Denpasar – Frankfurt, 19:05 – 06.45 (+1). Total flying time 16 hours + 1.5 hours transit in Doha.|
|Day 2||13-Sep||Arrive, check-in hotel in Fleming’s Deluxe Hotel Frankfurt City in Frankfurt am Main (Hauptwache train station), in front of Eschenheimer Turm.Explore main area, walking distance from hotel:
* Eschenheimer Turm
* Dom Romer
* St. Paul’s Church / Paulskirche
* Eiserner Steg (iron bridge)
* Old Nicholas Church (Alte Nikolaikirche)
Lunch in food court Galeria
|Day 3||14-Sep||Explore main area, walking distance from hotel:
* MyZeil & Hauptwache area
* Cathedral of St. Bartholomew (Dom St. Bartholomaus)
* New Opera House (Alte Oper Frankfurt Konzert)
* Main Tower
* Lunch at Haus WertheymBack to hotel, get ready for business conference dinner.
|Day 4||15-Sep||Business Conference in Frankfurt|
|Day 5||16-Sep||Explore Bauernmarkt Konstablerwache, kinder museum in Hauptwache station, check out, get the train to frankfurt hauptbahnhof (frankfurt central station) and get to FlixBus station to wait for the bus depart to Hannover.Arrive in friend’s place in Hannover, stay overnight.|
|Day 6||17-Sep||Help my friend with their event: film screening about graffiti by women.|
|Day 7||18-Sep||Roadtrip from Hannover to:
* Lüneburger Heide (totengrund and wilseder berg). We see the dung beetle, schnucke (sheep), heide (plant with purple color during 8 Aug – 8 Sept) which has colors from green – purple – brown – green. We walk 12 KM in 4.5 hours, it’s fun! And the landscape is awesome. We had very nice walk.
* Head to Lüneburg, stay overnight with one CS there named Sandra, Ole, and Mio.
|Day 8||19-Sep||Explore Lüneburg, drink tea, popular for marmalade (jam), drive to Lübeck and stop over in Gothmund (fishermen village with cute little houses). Explore Lübeck for a while, and head to Hamburg and stay overnight with my friend’s mom’s house. I think apples grow everywhere here.|
|Day 9||20-Sep||Explore Hamburg, to the industrial riverside, to the city hall, walking around, and do a bit of shopping. We stop in Celle, a little town, before heading back to Hannover. My friends have language course for 2 hours, so we stay overnight in Hannover.|
|Day 10||21-Sep||See Tini & Anja’s house, such an awesome project. We continue the roadtrip to:
* Bad Salzuflen with salt construction for health
* Externsteine rocks
* Head to the old town of Lennep, stay overnight in Oga & Ian’s place (Tini’s friend)
|Day 11||22-Sep||Head to Köln / Cologne, come to Olympus exhibition, Dom Köln / Cathedral which is SUPER COOL!, many street artists, pass by Rhine River, had dinner with Lars & Magda for vegan vietnam food, drink tradition beer in brauerei päffgen köln, such a cool place!!|
|Day 12||23-Sep||Head to Drachenfels (Dragon hills, see castle, etc), then head to Frankfurt, stay overnight.|
|Day 13||24-Sep||Head by bus to and explore Heidelberg (very touristy town): castle, carnival, philosophy way.Head to Heilbronn by bus. Stay overnight in my friend’s mom’s home. Had dinner for Spätzle. Looking around the city center: neckar, kilianskirche, tower, etc.|
|Day 14||25-Sep||Explore around Heilbronn: Lion Stone, Freiland Museum, Schwäbisch hall.Head to Freiburg by Flix bus (again).|
|Day 15||26-Sep||Explore Freiburg: go to Bertolsbrunnen, go around the church. At night, go by bus back to Frankfurt.|
|Day 16||27-Sep||Rest, and cook in Maya’s place.|
|Day 17||28-Sep||Frankfurt – Denpasar, 11.15 – 17.40 (+1). Total flying time 16 hours + 8 hours transit in Doha.|
|Day 18||29-Sep||Arrive back in Bali.|