Amed is one of our family favourite place to visit in Bali, so many things to do in Amed. This place before known as a fisherman village with a beautiful beach, hills and mountain view on the background. Here are our recommendations what things to do in Amed.
How to Get to Amed
Amed is located in Karangasem district around 80 km or 2,5 hours driving from Denpasar. This fisherman village is located in the east part of Bali, if you drive from Sanur you just need to follow the mainroad to Karangasem or Singaraja until you meet Culik Village and then turn right to the road that will direct you to Amed (see on Google Map).
I always love to drive to Amed because you can see so many beautiful scenery from Candidasa beach, ricefields terrace, stop by to the beautiful Tirta Gangga or play to Bali Chocolate Factory and Taman Ujung Water Palace on your way to Amed. So if you plan to visit Amed, you can put these other place to visit during your trip.
So What Things to Do in Amed ?
- Snorkeling. Amed is known as one of the best snorkeling site in Bali, you can find a calm and clear water here. Beside that, snorkeling in Amed quite easy since the sites are mostly near by the beach and the entry point is quite easy even for beginner snokeler. We recommend you to visit Jemeluk Bay and Javanese wreck to snorkel in Amed.
- Scuba Diving. Beside snorkeling, scuba diving is one of the most favourite activity in Amed. They have many dive site with many type from muck diving to drift diving. For you who love muck diving, you can dive in ghost bay in front of Hotel Uyah and if you want to do a drift diving, you can dive to Gili Selang that has many beautiful coral reef and coral fish to see.
- Yoga. Amed is very quite place with the calm beach, Mount Agung view on your background and doing yoga in the morning with this view is just perfect.
- Underwater Post Office. In Jemeluk Bay, you can find this unique underwater post office. You can buy a waterproof postcard on the beach, write with waterproof pen on it, and then go snorkeling to put the postcard into this underwater post box.
- Sunrise and Sunset. Amed are located in the east part of Bali, and sunrise in Amed with the fisherman boat, beach, and mountain view, believe me is one of the best place to enjoy sunrise in Bali. And how about sunset ? Go to the hills near Jemeluk Bay and the view from here are the best, even you can not see the sun, but the view from here is amazing.